Wednesday, November 21, 2012

thankful.....

This month has flown by so quickly!! I can't believe we're already coming up on the end of November. I've been out of commission for a few weeks with a kidney infection but feeling better everyday and almost normal again. The girls had lots of adventures with their Nana while I was sick. Having her come down a few days to take them outside, play, lunch dates and shopping trips gave them a nice break from being trapped in the house all day. They loved every minute of it.

The girls are changing so much and so quickly. They are children now, all of the sudden. Filled with so many ideas, so much imagination and so opinionated (yep that would be a trait they inherited from me!).

It's funny to see them have their own styles. Rasa likes to pick her clothes but will allow me to choose for her, as long as she can accessorize. She likes her shirts tucked in (oh my), her pant legs rolled up and her sleeves too. She's always got a hat on and lucky for us Nana makes the cutest hats. Rasa doesn't want things. She could care less about presents, toys and stuff. She just wants to be close. She is still a meltdown queen but seems to be able to reel herself in and calm down if given a quiet space to get things together in.

Adia likes pink (STILL!). She only wears something if it has pink in it and she will NOT allow me to help her pick out anything. She has to do it herself. She's a ball of energy, wants to visit Santa to tell him her lengthy list of "I wants" for Christmas, and still controls the entire household. One of the days I was sick in bed I heard Adia teasing Rasa. I shouted from my bed, "Adia!!!". She stormed down the hallway to me and said, "MOMMA! I told you yesterday, stop yelling at me!!!" and stormed away.

I'm always Thankful, thankful for the good days, thankful for the bad days and thankful that we are all so lucky to be together.

No comments: