Saturday, July 10, 2010

Happy Independance Day!


So I realize I'm a little late on that but Royce has been on vacation with us for the past week and we've been having way too much fun for me to come inside and sit on the computer :)

Fourth of July was a BLAST! I happen to believe every child deserves to have the 4th be all about them! It's what childhood memories are made of. Royce and I stayed in town after debating on bringing the girls up to my parents cabin. I'm glad we did because we took advantage of things going on around town and brought the girls to the big fireworks display - which they LOVED! Both girls were squealing and shouting BOOM! each time a new one would go off. They weren't scared at all in fact they were SO excited to be out in their wagon at dark with a million people all around. You could literally feel their excitement about the whole thing!

I made strawberry cake, pasta salad, veggie burgers and we had lots of fresh fruit. I felt a little like Betty Crocker spending all morning in the kitchen but it was worth it! The girls played outside in the pool, in the sandbox and at every playground in a 5 mile radius of our home! We had Cozy Coupe races, wagon rides, stroller walks. Royce and I were SO tired after the 4th we spent the entire next day trying to muster up enough energy for our next adventure! We brought the girls to our towns new beach (again) and played at the splash pad for two hours. We had planned a trip to the zoo but decided to wait until next time because we just couldn't find the energy! The girls were beaming all week. We love nothing more than making them happy.

Since it's tricky chasing the two of them around AND getting pictures you can understand why they are few and far between. At the end are two short videos - one of them busy playing in the pool and the other was them watching their first fireworks display.

All in all our summer vacation has been a roaring success. I can honestly say I haven't had this much fun since I was little myself. What a joy to do it all over again!!

"Never fear spoiling children by making them too happy. Happiness is the atmosphere in which all good affections grow." ~ Rev. Dr. Thomas Bray























No comments: