Monday, September 20, 2010

Au revoir summer!

Tonight was so magical I didn't want it to end.

After dinner, Royce, me and the girls all went out to play. It was rainy, windy and cold all day today but around 3 pm the sun came out and the wind went away and all of the sudden it was 70! We brought the girls to one of their favorite parks after dinner even though the sun was setting and it was getting dark. The girls have grown up so much over the summer. The playground equipment that they would stumble to climb up they are now running up and through and down the slides and back up again like second nature. Around and around they went with both Royce and I chasing one all the while the girls smiling and giggling filled with simple happiness. There was one bright orange light above that cast enough of a glow for us to see where we were stepping but that was about it. When Adia and I switched to the swings she wanted to try each one and have me push her higher and higher. When she settled on one swing she pointed to the one next to her and said "it's Sissy's". I called for Rasa to come over a few times and then Adia called, "Rasa, Rasa, Rasa" enunciating her name perfectly. It sounds so beautiful to me when they say each others names, I don't know why. By the time Rasa joined us it was so dark all I could see were the girls shadows as Royce pushed them and I swung next to them. We were alone in the park, singing as loud as we wanted, happy and having fun. The moon was almost full and keeping the girls attention, they love the moon. Rasa said, "I wantta touch da moon Papa".

What a perfect closing to a perfect summer. School starts tomorrow and we couldn't be more excited.

Au revoir summer 2010.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rasa said that? Oh my - how absolutely lovely! And Adia wanting Sissy to swing next to her? Words can't explain that kind of joy.