Saturday, January 15, 2011

What's next?

I've been thinking lately about how time passes so quickly. When you have kids it seems like every day they stand in front of you is a visual reminder of how quickly things change, grow and move. Every morning I notice something new with one of the girls. Sometimes it's in their speech and other times it's in how they look and how it's changing. The picture I posted last time of the two of them standing next to each other in the clothes they put on themselves looks like a picture of someone else's kids! Those aren't my babies!

I think this is good though because I have to be more conscious with what I'm doing with our time and what direction we're moving in. Royce and I are having to reevaluate our plans to make sure they are still what everyone needs and wants. What do I want for them? What do they need? How can we set up a life for them that fosters the importance of love, peace, joy, compassion, kindness and hope? How can we give them just enough so they have what they need but not too much so they become spoiled?

My dream right now is a different community closer or in the city. My dream is a little house with a yard just big enough to run around in and have a small garden to grow food with my family. I want their hands dirty and their feet muddy. My dream is to be close enough to the city to take advantage of what it offers and the benefits of a very diverse community yet far enough outside of the lights to see the stars at night. My dream is a preschool that shows my girls how to spend the day outside, learning, running, playing and creating and an elementary school that fosters those same importances. A place where the approach taken is more important than the answer.

I'm finding that being a Momma can be a tough balance between my priority of being focused in the now (in order to fully enjoy my little girls, where we're at and what we're doing, "mindful parenting") and at the same time moving in the right direction for the "coming up quickly" so we're set up to continuously enjoy the now. With that being said my philosophy of life remains the same and it gives me GREAT relief beyond words; things will always happen exactly as they should. Letting go of that artificial control paves way for a very enjoyable ride!

No comments: