Friday, September 25, 2009

Welcome Fall

Our favorite time of the year! I love the cooler weather and the changing leaves. The smell of the rain mixed with the fallen leaves on the ground and that feeling of cool air flooding your lungs - I LOVE FALL! It's also exciting as I'm now more confident getting both the girls out and about by myself. Rasa has grown out of her colic and now likes the stroller (HUGE bonus!) and Adia continues to be easy and content in nearly every situation. I'm venturing out of my comfort zone of the two mile radius of our house! Royce and I also have plans to take a trip to the apple orchard in a couple weeks and Halloween is sure to be fun now that we have two little dolls to dress up!

We're already coming up on 9 months and it just seems impossible that it's already been that long. I still tear up thinking about my babies in the isolates in Children's Special Care Nursery. Holding their tiny bodies for the first time and the feeling of what it is to be a Mom coming so quickly and naturally. My heart on the outside of my body in two separate but whole pieces. Also thinking about the young Police Officer in Stillwater who died last month from HELLP while pregnant and giving birth to her son. It reminds me how lucky and blessed I was to make it through a severe case of HELLP all the while knowing I'm in the hands of someone much greater than myself and that there is a plan for me.

With the change in seasons I embrace the changes in me and my family and look forward to the days and months ahead for us.

For more information on HELLP Syndrome visit:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HELLP_syndrome

No comments: