Thursday, September 3, 2009

8 months already!


Time flies - everyone says it does but until you have your own children you don't realize just how quickly it goes by. When I look at my tiny c-section scar I can't believe these two big girls were once tiny enough to slip right through.
To say we are having so much fun is a huge understatement. This is amazing. The girls love toys and to explore. Both of them are obsessed with our little dog Lucy. They love their Daddy and light up every evening the second he walks through the door. Gramma Carol comes in third in their list of favorites. Both girls know her well and Rasa especially loves being in her arms. I'm constantly saying how blessed we are, partly because I feel so incredibly blessed that I can hardly comprehend it!



Adia loves to creep and crawl and lick everything!!! She smiles constantly and loves people and dogs. She also demands what she wants and throws her arms up and down if she doesn't get what she wants right away! Colors and textures are her current fixation. She has no fear and amazes me. She doesn't like to sit still even for a hug but at the end of the day when I rock her to sleep she's all mine and all I can do is stare at her in admiration and kiss her cheeks.




Rasa loves to sit up and toss toys so she can reach for them and sit herself up again. She studies each one and notices every tiny detail of everything. She loves and needs to be held close and hugged. She'll sit on my lap for hours if I let her and just be. Whenever Adia is around she's happy and laughs and smiles when Adia does. I can already see Rasa's big heart and even though you have to work for her trust (she's painfully shy) she will make it worth your time. She is the sweetest baby I've ever encountered.

Some things will get easier and somethings will get harder but nothing I do is without reward.
Thank heaven for little girls.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great stuff hun! I love reading this.