Saturday, December 22, 2012

winter solstice 2012

"May the dawn of the Winter Solstice chase the dark away.
May it bring to you the promise of endless brand new days.
May all your sorrow vanish.
And all your dreams come true.
And may the light of the Winter Solstice always shine on you."
-Donna Fletcher


We had a nice cozy night in (it was bitter cold last night). We lit candles and snuggled on the couch. It felt like winter solstice here in our new place. It's cozy here and warm and I love how much more connected my family feels with the layout of this house.

I LOVE both Summer and Winter Solstice. I love the seasons here and can't imagine not having both extremes. Winter Solstice has a different feel to it than Christmas but it's warm and festive just the same and I look forward to it each year. Winter was always special to me as a child because eleven days after Christmas was my birthday. Now the girls birthday is just a little over a week after Christmas so we have a lot of things to celebrate! Plus, if you live in Minnesota and you can't celebrate the winter than it's going to be a long few months!











No comments: