Monday, May 21, 2012

The things they say...

As my family is sitting at a quant little cafe on the patio for desert Saturday night Rasa tells Royce she needs to go to the bathroom. I had just brought her to the bathroom so I asked her if she could hold it for a few minutes because we're going to be leaving and going home. She ignored me and got distracted with something else. Five minutes later she stands up on her chair and yells, "Mommy! I have to go to the bathroom! I have to POOP and pee!!" The packed table at the other end full of kidless 20 somethings seemed shocked and amused at the same time.

Last night we put the girls to bed and they were having a hard time settling down. Royce and my bedroom door faces the girls so when we are in bed watching a movie we can look over and see Adia in her bed. She was talking NON-STOP and we were trying to ignore her so she would just go to bed. She was singing, laughing, talking in different voices, jumping on the bed and repeating to me over and over that she couldn't sleep.

I was more amused than frustrated but it was nearly 11 pm so I finally said:
"Adia it's time to sleep! I'm starting to get mad now".

Adia askes, "Is Papa getting mad too?"

Royce replies, "Yes, Adia I'm starting to get mad too".

Adia says, "Well, I'm mad too! I'm getting MAD!"

Then softly and quietly I hear Rasa's voice say, "yep me too"

Royce and I giggle and then hear Adia say, "This is getting ridiculous! It's ridiculous!"

No comments: