Thursday, January 19, 2012

‎"the most effective kind of education is that a child should play amongst beautiful things" plato

I love the idea of refrigerator magnets keeping the girls busy while I cook dinner but well....they're usually really ugly and the plastic set I had in the past didn't stay on the fridge well and pieces always ended up getting chewed up by Lucy!

These are SO cute and were made using mostly what I had in my textile bin. They are two layers of fabric with quilt batting and a magnet sewn into each letter. I wrote my letters freehand backwards on the back of each so the pen lines wouldn't be displayed. No they are not perfect by any means but the more I messed them up the cuter I thought they were! The entire set took me about 3 hours to make from start to finish. Most of the time was in cutting.

Sew cute right? ;)

















The tutorial on how to make these little gems can be found HERE!

No comments: